- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained
- 1 can Fishwife Sardines with Hot Peppers or Fishwife Sardines with Preserved Lemons, your choice!
- ¼ cup chopped Mina Picholine Pitted Olives
- 2 tablespoons drained Mina Non-Pareil Capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Optional: ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Heat oil in a skillet over low; add garlic, and cook, stirring often, until golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Add anchovies and stir until they melt into oil, about 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Stir in red pepper flakes if using. Increase heat to medium, and add wine. Simmer and cook until reduced by half.
Add tomatoes, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Bring sauce to a low simmer.
Add sardines, olives, capers, and marjoram. Simmer gently, uncovered, and stir occasionally, 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Toss spaghetti with tomato sauce, adding reserved cooking liquid as needed to reach desired consistency. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.