- 1 16oz. jar roasted red peppers
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add the roasted red peppers to a bowl along with 2 Tbsp of the liquid from the jar. Purée the peppers with an immersion blender until smooth. You can add a tablespoon or two of water if needed to help it blend.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the minced garlic to the skillet with the butter. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or just until the garlic has softened and becomes very fragrant. Pour in the puréed peppers, and add the dried basil and some freshly cracked pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer before reducing the heat to low. Let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often, or until the mixture has thickened.
- Add the heavy cream and stir until the sauce is smooth. Allow the sauce to heat through before tasting. Add salt as needed.
- Drizzle over a bowl of Evelyn's Elegant Edibles Carrot Soup with Nutmeg and enjoy.