Mayonnaise seems like
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red or white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Olivelle Rosemary Sea Salt, or more to taste
- 1 cup Olivelle Wild Rosemary Olive Oil
Tools We Used:
- Cuisinart SmartStick Two Speed Immersion Hand Blender
- Stonewall Kitchen's Sweet Honey Mustard - Available In Store Only
- Olivelle Rosemary Sea Salt
- Olivelle Wild Rosemary Olive Oil - Available In Store Only
- Wide Mouth Quart Mason Jars - $1.99 each or $19.99 per case for a limited time in store only
- In a Wide Mouth Quart Mason Jar, add first the egg, then Rosemary Salt, lemon juice, vinegar, Sweet Honey Mustard, before adding the Wild Rosemary Olive Oil.
- Place your Immersion Hand Blender at the bottom & blend the egg & bottom ingredients first until emulsified before beginning to move the blender up & down to combine in the Wild Rosemary Olive Oil.
- Store for up to 1 week in the fridge.
What Is an Emulsion?
- A mixture in which small drops of one substance are dispersed throughout another substance.
How to Fix Your Mayonnaise Emulsion if It Breaks
- Your mayo fails to thicken
- The oil was mixed in too quickly, so it never gets dispersed
- Beat a fresh egg yolk with a tablespoon of lemon juice in a clean bowl, & slowly whisk into the broken emulsion
- Your mayon becomes oily on the surface
- Water has evaporated from the mixture
- Whisk in a spoonful of water