This recipe is from Ankarsrum.
- Before use, place the ice cream bowl in the freezer (0 degrees F) for 20-24 hours.
- Assemble the assistent with the beater bowl and the balloon whisks.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until fluffy.
- Divide the vanilla bean and scrape out the vanilla beans.
- Add vanilla, milk, cream and mix well.
- Put it in the fridge until it is refrigerator temperature.
- Assemble the Ankarsrum Assistent with the ice cream maker.
- Pour the ice cream batter into the freezer bowl through the opening in the lid.
- Let the machine run at medium speed for 20-30 minutes until the desired consistency is reached.
- Eat right away, or put the freezer bowl with the lid in the freezer and save for later.